South Waikato District Council ‘Tokoroa Split the Bill and Buy Now Pay Later’ programmes
50% funding (limited to $2000 incl GST) towards the cost of decommissioning a non-compliant solid fuel burner and installing a new clean air approved woodburner. Put the remaining cost of this clean heat retrofit, plus any insulation costs onto your rates via a 9-year interest bearing loan.
- Any home owner (landlord, or owner-occupier)
- Home exists within the South Waikato District
- Home must have a legally operable solid fuel burner installed before September 2005 in place
- Rates must be up to date
Further key terms:
- One non-compliant solid fuel burner must be decommissioned before the new heating appliance can be installed
- 50% funding available (limited to $2000 incl GST) on the cost of the heating portion of this project (decommission of woodburner, installation of new heating appliance).
- Contract subject to renewal process each year on 30 June.
- Contract funding allocation is limited to 60 homes per year so please enquire quickly
The South Waikato District Council has been on a quest to clean up the air quality in the South Waikato District via the decommissioning of non-compliant woodburners, and the installation of clean air approved heating appliances for over a decade.
The SWDC ‘Split the Bill’ and ‘Buy Now Pay Later’ programme provides funding towards non-compliant woodburner decommissioning and installation of either a clean air approved heating appliance. It then offers a 9-year rates loan as a mechanism for paying the balance of the cost off. What’s more, is that you can add insulation into this rates loan if you want to.